While dentures don’t decay like natural teeth, it doesn’t mean that you’ll never have to visit the dentist again after getting false teeth. Because the shape of your mouth is continually changing, and because the live tissues in your mouth can become damaged or diseased, it’s important to have your mouth and dentures regularly inspected and adjusted. This is commonly known as a denture repair and denture reline.
The Difference Between Denture Repair and Denture Reline
Denture repair and denture reline are two different things. A denture repair is treating damage to the denture caused by accident or improper use. These can be cracks from dropping or eating hard foods or replacing teeth that have fallen out or chipped due to mishap.
A denture reline is an adjustment to your denture to improve fit and function. This is needed regularly as your mouth and gums are constantly changing shape over time. Your denturist will tell you how frequently you can expect to need a denture reline, but most practitioners will advise you to have an exam once or twice a year to inspect your dentures and determine whether adjustments are needed. You may also need to visit your denturist between regular appointments if you experience any of the following symptoms.
Signs You Need a Denture Repair and Denture Reline
- Your dentures are slipping or don’t feel as snug.
- You notice more of a lisp or whistling in your speech.
- You develop sore spots on your gums.
- You experience bad breath that is not resolved with denture cleaning and good oral health habits.
- You have difficulty chewing.
- You notice a more sunken or aged appearance in your face.
- You identify any chips or cracks in your dentures. Failure to address these problems immediately can cause more serious damage to your dentures, and even damage the sensitive tissues in your mouth.
Denture Repair and Denture Reline in Everett, WA
European Denture Center in Everett, WA offers a full line of affordable denture services. From a free initial consultation to full service denture installation to denture repair and denture reline, we can help you whether you’re just beginning to explore your denture options or need an adjustment of your existing dentures. Contact us today to see how we can restore your smile!